A Dream Destination Wedding in Italy
Though your wedding will be both memorable and romantic regardless of where it is held, there are few places in the world that are as enchanting as Italy. Everything about the country of Italy just shouts romance from villas of Florence to the waterways of Venice. In fact, when asked in a survey, around 90% of couples that were asked if they would get married in Italy if their budget allowed said yes. Though it may seem like it’s out of your reach if you don’t happen to have an endless supply of money to fund your wedding, there are actually quite a few more affordable options as well as tips to help you get the most value for your money.
Unlike planning your wedding in the United States, planning your wedding in Italy is a completely different beast all together. Here, you would need to go shopping for all sorts of gimmicks such as sparklers for weddings, confetti, and other time killers just to keep your guests entertained. When you are having your wedding in Italy, the natural beauty of the architecture and landscapes do most of the work for you and you don’t need to do much to make it a memorable adventure. Regardless of where you have your wedding in Italy, your guests are almost certain to be incredibly happy with the outcome.
Choosing a Location
Choosing your location in Italy for the ceremony and reception is by far the most important thing to consider during the planning process. This will likely be a combination of your personal preference coupled with the cost of a particular location. When you are selecting the right spot for your ceremony, reception, or accommodations, there are some important things to consider which I cover below.
- When you’re selecting a place, keep your budget in mind at all times.
- Find the most alluring location possible with an elegant and romantic feel to it.
- Have a list on hand of the specific amenities you are looking to have at your locations. This will help you find the perfect ceremony and reception locations.
- Make sure you know all the rules of your venues and villas, as well as the policies of your vendors and wedding planner.
- Be aware of decoration costs. If your venue needs to be decorated, you’ll need to save room in your budget for that.
- Make sure you are staying involved with all the steps of planning the ceremony and reception, it’s good to have a planner do the legwork, but knowing what’s going on is important.
- Do as much planning as possible well in advance of your big day. The more planning you do ahead of time, the less you need to do at the last minute.
- Avoid stress at all costs. Your wedding should never be a stressful occasion, but rather a time to come together with friends and family to celebrate your love.
- Plan ahead for emergencies, and make sure to take them on with a cool head and even temper.
- Remember that you guest’s experience is completely contingent on your mood, so keep smiling and be happy. This is especially true for destination weddings such as in Italy because everyone is far away from home.
As you can see, planning your dream wedding in Italy is not that difficult if you just work through the process one step at a time. Italy can offer some of the most romantic opportunities for a fun and memorable wedding, so it should always be near the top of the list for and couple looking for a destination wedding. Just stay on budget and do plenty of research, and your Italian wedding is sure to be marvelous.